In this chapter, we shall proceed with recalling some of the constructions already learnt in the earlier classes and deal with some more. Here in this section, we will construct some of these again with justification for each construction.
Following points should be kept in mind:
• Only ruler and compass are to be used while drawing constructions.
• Protractor may be used for drawing non- standard angles.
• Drawing should be neat and clean.
→ Some Basic constructions
→ Construction of bisector of a line segment
→ Construction of bisector of a given angle
→ Construction of Equilateral triangle
→ Construction of a triangle when its base, sum of the other two sides and one base angle are given
→ Construction of a triangle when its base, difference of the other two sides and one base angle are given
→ Construction of a triangle of given perimeter and two base angles
Tips for construction
1. Read the statement twice to specify clearly:
(i) What is given?
(ii) What is required to be done?
2. Always explain the construction. Write the sequence of steps that are actually taken.