Questions from AIIMS 2010
1. An alternating current i in an inductance coil varies with time according to the graph given below. Which one of the following graphs gives the variation of voltage with time?
2. Assertion There is no dispersion of light refracted through a rectangular glass slab.
Reason Dispersion of light is the phenomenon of splitting of a beam of white light into its constituent colours.
3. Assertion Torque on the coil is the maximum, when
coil is suspended in a radial magnetic field.
Reason The torque tends to rotate the coil on its own
4. It two bulbs of wattages 25 and 100 W respectively each rated by 220 V are connected in series with the supply of 440 V, which bulb will fuse?
5. Assertion The percentage change in time period is 1.5%. lf the length of simple pendulum increases by 3%.
Reason Time period is directly proportional to length of pendulum.
6. Assertion If a gas container in motion is suddenly stopped, the temperature of the gas rises.
Reason The kinetic energy of ordered mechanical motion is converted into the kinetic energy of random motion of gas molecules
7. Assertion The specific charge for positive rays is a characteristic constant.
Reason The specific charge depends on charge and mass of positive ions present in positive rays.
8. When a copper voltmeter is connected with a battery of emf 12 V. 2 g of copper is deposited in 30 min. If the same voltmeter is connected across a 6 V battery then the mass of copper deposited in 45 min would be
9. A fork A has frequency 2% more than the standard fork and B has a frequency 3% less than the frequency of same standard fork. The forks A and B when sounded together produced 6 beats/s. The frequency of fork A is
10. Assertion Transducer in communication system converts electrical signal into a physical quantity.
Reason For information signal to be transmitted directly to long distances, modulation is not a necessary process.
Questions from Alternating Current
1. The transformer ratio of a transformer is 10:1. If the primary voltage is 440 V, secondary emf is
2. A transformer steps up an A.C. voltage from 230 V to 2300 V. If the niiitiber of turns in the secondary coil is 1000, the number of turns in the primary coil Will be
3. The transformer ratio ofa transformer is 5. If the primary voltage of the transformer is 400 V, 50 Hz, the secondairy voltage will be
4. A step-up transformer works on 220V and gives 2 A to an external resistor. The turn ratio between the primary and secondary coils is 2:25. Assuming 100% efficiency, find the secondary voltage. Primary current and power delivered.
5. A resistor R and capacitor C are connected in series across an AC source of rms voltage 5 V. If the rms voltage across C is 3 V then that across R is
6. The natural frequency of an LC - circuit is 1,25,000 cycles per second. Then the capacitor C is replaced by another capacitor with a dielectric medium of dielectric contant k. In this case, the frequency decreases by 25 kHz. The value of k is
7. A coil of inductance 0.1H is connected to 50V, 100Hz generator and current is found to be 0.5A. The potential difference across resistance of the coil is
8. To reduce the iron losses in a transformer, the core must be made pf a materia! having
9. Maximum efficiency of a transformer depends on
10. If an AC produces same heat as that produced by a steady current of 4 A, then peak value of current is
Jharkhand CECE 2007
Physics Most Viewed Questions
1. Assertion : Perspiration from human body helps in cooling the body
Reason : A thin layer of water on the skin enhances its emissivity.
AIIMS 2006 Thermal Properties Of Matter
2. There are 26 tuning forks arranged in the decreasing order of their frequencies. Each tuning fork gives 3 beats with the next. The first one is octave of the last. What is the frequency of 18th tuning fork?
BHU 2005 Electromagnetic Waves
3. A quarter horse power motor runs at a speed of 600 rpm. Assuming 40% efficiency, the work done by the motor in one rotation will be
Manipal 2009 Work, Energy And Power
4. In a region a stationary charge does not experience a force. It is certain that in this region
COMEDK 2008 Moving Charges And Magnetism
5. A transformer having efficiency of 90% is working on 200 V and 3 kW power supply. If the current in the secondary coil is 6 A, the voltage across the secondary coil and the current in the primary coil respectively are
AIPMT 2014 Electromagnetic Induction
6. Nuclear fusion is common to the pair
Manipal 2006 Nuclei
7. The increase in pressure required to decrease the 200 L volume of a liquid by 0.004% (in kPa) is (Bulk modulus of the liquid ==2100 MPa)
Maharashtra CET 2006 Mechanical Properties Of Solids
8. A body of mass 4 kg is accelerated upon by a constant force, travels a distance of 5 m in the first second and a distance of 2 m in the third second. The force acting on the body is
KCET 2008 Laws Of Motion
9. Ferromagnetic materials used in a transformer must have
KCET 2009 Electromagnetic Induction
10. The diameter of a flywheel is increased by 1%. Increase in its moment of inertia about the central axis is
JIPMER 2015 System Of Particles And Rotational Motion
Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
JIPMER Results Announced
NEET UG Counselling Started
NEET Result Announced
KCET Result Announced
KCET College Predictor
JEE Main Result Announced
JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
AP EAMCET Result Announced
KEAM Result Announced
UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
MHT CET Result Announced
NEET Rank Predictor