1. Monochioro ethane is hydrolysed with aqueous KOH.
2. A mixture of sodalime and sodium acetate is heated.
3. Ethanol under high pressure and low temperature is treated with acidified potassium dichromate.
4. Water is added to calcium carbide.
5. Ethanol reacts with sodium at room temperature.
6 Reaction between 4, 2-dibromoethane and alcoholic potassium hydroxide.
7, Preparation of ethane from sodium propionate.
8. Preparation of ethanol from monochioroethane and aq. sodium hydroxide.
9. A saturated hydrocarboñ fròm iodomethane.
10. An unsaturated hydrocarbon from an alcohol.
11. An unsaturated hydrocarbon from calcium carbide.
12. An alcohol from ethyl bromide.
13. Reaction between ethyl alcohol and acetic acid.
14. Reaction of chlorine with excess of methane.
15. Addition of chlorine to ethene at ordinary temperature.
16. Burning of ethanol in air.
17. Preparation of ethane from Sodium propionate.
18. Preparation of ethene from lodoethane.