(b) Two hazards associated with the use of electricity are:
i. If a person happens to touch a live electric wire, he gets a severe electric shock.
ii. Short-circuiting due to damaged wiring or overloading of the circuit can cause electrical fire in a building.
(c) Important precautions which should be observed in the use of electricity are:
(i) Use of good quality wires
(ii) Use of fuse and proper earthing.
(iii) Use of appliances in dry condition only.
(d) If a person comes in contact with a live wire, we will switch off the main switch immediately so as to cut off the electricity supply..
(e) Electric switches should not be operated with wet hands because water is a good conductor of electricity, so the user may get electric shock.